Wednesday, November 16, 2005

It worked!

I stopped caring, I stopped stressing, and everything cleared up for me. I felt like I got my luck back and I was much happier.
I took an important step towards this. Yesterday, instead of going home and depriving myself of sleep by drowning in books and review sheets, I went to Virgin Megastore to buy a CD. I spent about an hour and a half looking around and I actually met and talked to a cool person that likes the same kind of music that I do. He saw that I was listening to black tape for a blue girl and he commented about it, then from there we started talking for quite some time. I have never had an experience like this, I think ever. I guess it gave me hope and I didn't feel so alone in the world (alone, not lonely). This departure from my routine of misery and monotony kind of "put the kick back in my step." I went to my class about 25 minutes late and didn't care, my teacher told me I got a 75 for my make-up test, which I gladly accepted because I was already rehearsing just in case he gave me a low score (since I thought I did pretty good and he was already giving me problems to make up the test). Later, I got in my car, drove to an empty floor in the parking garage, put on my Clan of Xymox CD and just started reading and studying for about two and a half hours. When it was time, I parked in the other garage, went to the class, and took the test. And I thought I did very good.

Lately I have been in this "funk" where I have been stressed non-stop and I felt like I was literally going crazy. Ever since hurricane Wilma, it seems like it has been test after assignment after assignment after test, and it just hasn't stopped. Last week I had to turn in some essays, this week I had two tests, next week I have to turn in a 12-page paper, and the week after that I have to turn in a project for Art History. But I just can't think about it monomaniacally like I was before, if not I go crazy. I need to give myself breaks and get out of the routine, and no, going to MySpace.com or watching "That's So Raven" is not taking a break.

1 comment:

  1. The term is "put the pep back in my step," kickbacks are illegal in the state of Florida.

    ReplyDelete