Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Semeiotics

I'm not going to think of things as signs anymore. At first, it could be a little fun, and serve as a means for motivation. I saw a painting that I was supposed to be writing a paper on in this site that posted random livejournal pictures. I even had the paper minimized at the time:

I took it as a sign to finish writing it.
Yesterday, I took a break from writing my paper on Socrates to watch TV, but my break was getting a little too long. Then, a Subway commercial came on which featured Socrates. I took it as a sign to finish doing my paper.
But when the tables turn, it's just unfair and causes too much stress. I did all I could to in the past days finish my Socrates paper, I stayed up all night, I barely got any sleep, I was working for three or four days straight, and I missed two days of school just to finish it. I had a test today for Computers. I put my alarm specifically and double-checked it. But I didn't wake up, and I never heard my alarm. My mom didn't hear it either. I don't know what happened, but I missed my test, and now I don't know what I'm going to do. Hopefully I can find a way to get a doctor's note. Anyways, I'm not going to take this as any kind of sign of anything negative, because it's just unfair since I did my best and there was really nothing I could have done. I needed to get at least some sleep, if not I would have probably had an anxiety attack, and I couldn't sleep any earlier since I still hadn't finished my paper.
So as of now, I'm going to stay positive and ignore it. I'm going to try to talk to my teacher and try to get a doctors note so I can make up the test. If I look at the positive side, now I have more time to study for it, where before I was just going to "wing it."

2 comments: