Monday, June 8, 2009

Future iPhone Wishlist

The iPhone 3Gs just came out, and I am very excited.

Although, for the iPhone to be perfect, there are a few more features that I would like from it:
  • Thinner [just because]
  • Video conferencing [Another camera lens facing you so you can have a video-phone chat while seeing the other person you are talking to on screen.  Can also be compatible with video chat sites like Stickam.]
  • More GB! [I want to fit my entire music collection.  This was my dream when I first got my 80GB iPod.  I want something like 80 or 120 to start.]
  • Internal credit/debit card and "loyalty cards" [Pay with your cell phone or swipe your "customer card" at the store.  This eliminates the need for a wallet. All you need is your phone and your car/house keys.  This has been used in Japan for a few years now.  Note: I'm not sure how this will work with your ID.  Can you use a valid/legal digital image of your license on your phone?]
  • Start your car remotely from your iPhone.  There are already many mobile-to-car interactions.  An 18-year old African teen has developed a technology that turns off your car via SMS to curtail auto theft. Other systems for example "Connect2Car" or "Viper Smart Start"  start your car, start your A/C or heater, pop your trunk, roll up your windows, etc.  [Actually, it looks like you don't even need an iPhone, you just get this system.]
To be continued...
I want to add to this list things that already exist that I want to get for my iPhone and things I want my phone to do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment