Wednesday, June 2, 2010

[clock]WORK

Had a dream where I was in a building with one central circular building connected to four other circular rooms. All symmetrical. This was my "workplace." Two upper- level manager were talking and they decided to send everyone home en masse because it was late and there were no customers. One of the managers, the one that was under the other manager, took over for the remainder of the shift by logging into a main terminal and shutting down the four rooms. I later found my sister(?) was doing the overnight shift taking over the same thing the other manager was doing. I told her what was going on and she told me they called her in and she had to press a button on the terminal every 1 hour to simulate activity. She told me if this was not done that it would set off an alarm that something was wrong. The place ran like one giant system, like clockwork 24/7. I told her that the other idiot manager was supposed to turn it off and probably didn’t know how to and just called her in to do that. So I was trying to help her figure out how to shut it down until the morning…
It’s a perfect metaphor for work.
I had this dream after someone called out and I was calling around all afternoon looking for a cover and then trying to figure out how I was going to get all the work done with my co-worker during tonight’s shift…

No comments:

Post a Comment