Monday, November 29, 2010

Customization

I am so happy!  I just had a breakthrough.  Now it is so much easier to make your own custom clothes.  Years ago, with Cafepress you can make things like simple t-shirts and mugs.  Now there are even more options.  You can even design your own shoes now!  Major companies like Vans and Converse are letting you create your own shoes with some pre-selected patterns.  But via Zazzle, you can put whatever image or text you want on it without limit! 
This takes a huge pressure off of my latent fashion design aspirations which I've neglected.  I was thinking of going to fashion school later on and taking classes and such.  That is still an option if I want.  But honestly, one of the main reasons I wanted to go into fashion was because I was unhappy with the limited options that I had from many retailers who really didn't fit my tastes, and it was very hard to find something I actually liked.  Now with the internet, it's easier to find something I like, and if not, I can create it myself!  Really, I just want to make and modify my own clothes to my tastes.  The whole business aspect to it is not that important to me.  Yes, I can have a little niche store somewhere in the catacombs of the internet which I sell something I like to a wider audience if I want.  But I don't have to worry about this being my main source of getting the clothing I really want to wear.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment