Thursday, November 18, 2010

[myCLOUD]

Much of our data is spread around in your computer's folders and in different websites online.  I have a goal of merging all of these and creating a personal "cloud" for myself.  It will be accessible via laptop, iPhone, iPad, netbook, desktop, or any other device, mobile or otherwise.  This includes accessing this cloud via a public computer whether in a library or computer lab or a friend's computer. 

This cloud will serve as my exocortex, as my universe and my reality.  It is my digital aura, my digital consciousness which I bring with me wherever I go.  It is something which is constantly being added to continuously with ideas, goals, music, videos, achievements, blogs, files, bookmarks, etc.  It is a record of my life.

Everything will be synced to my laptops, mobile devices, and online services on a continual basis.  This way, regardless of where I add things, it will always be part of the cloud.  Things like bookmarks and social profiles of mine, while not actual files, will be stored as links.  This myCLOUD serves as a main portal to my digital reality.

myCLOUD will include:
[items in brackets are auxiliary services]
  • All of the files and documents which will normally be stored on my desktop [virtual filing cabinet, Evernote, OneNote]
  • All my online bookmarks [Xmarks, Delicious]
  • My to-do lists, goals, plans, etc. [Toodledo]
  • All my music [iPod, Last.fm, YouTube, Online Radio]
  • All my videos [YouTube]
  • My websites, blogs, and social networks
  • An inventory of all the items I own [IntelliScanner] and yet to own [Amazon wishlists]
  • Professional/Resume Information 
  • Address Book 
  • etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment