Sunday, August 28, 2005

[i]summer[/i]

Well, I just wanted to say this, now that the time is right.
I'm starting school now, and I know I've been complaining about wasting time throughout the summer, but I think I actually had a pretty good summer.
Maybe even a "great" summer.
I didn't just waste my entire summer like I would like to lead myself to believe.

-I cleaned out all of the boxes full of papers, books, and other miscellaneous stuff that I had in my room.
-I cleaned my room and organized a lot of my papers, gavetas, and such. (Although that was in the very beginning of summer and I should do another "spring cleaning" soon.)
-I got my laptop.
-Me and my dad set up my desk and office chair.
-I made and perfected my résumé (although I never got the job).
-I helped my Literary Analysis professor over the summer (for almost two months) editing essays and doing some other "office work" (for WAC) in order to get a change of grade. I finally got it, and he changed it from a 'D' to a 'B.'
-I took a real estate course for three weeks and I passed.
-I ate junkfood everyday for the entire second half of summer and only gained like eight lbs.
-I pretty much went to a drive-thru (to buy junkfood) and/or Farm Stores (to buy soda) everyday from 1a to 4a.
-I learned how to drive to Davie.
-I went on a few "joyrides," around Hialeah and to Miami Lakes. Twice I went through the route I learned that goes all the way to Davie without my parents knowing. The second time around I took the expressway on the way back without really being sure about it (since I had only been in that expressway once before in my life) and I made it home okay. I went to this other place once too, I think it was Miami Gardens. All of these "joyrides" were from 2a to 5a.
-I experienced driving 111 mph (it didn't want to go any faster), although it was only for a few minutes.
-I tested out my independence (given to me by my parents), and found that I had a lot of it.
-I found out/learned about new music and other "cool"/interesting things in general. Maybe I learned more about myself as well.
-I "grew."

1 comment: