Friday, September 23, 2005

Epiphany

I was talking with my aunt today, about many things.
She has some problems in her life that are really getting in the way, and she's trying to take steps to fix it.
She keeps going back, but she's trying different strategies to stop.
She said that she's tired of it, and she just wants to get that out of the way, live her life, and accomplish her goals.

And I realized I have a similar problem.
I almost felt like a hypocrite, giving her advice.
There are some problems I have in my way that are blocking me from achieving my goals.
But I haven't taken any steps towards removing it, and I haven't really tried.
If I don't try, I can never actually get anything done.
It's like rolling a die, there is a chance you may win, but if you don't roll it, there is no chance at all.

So I have to roll my die, try, and see what happens.
If it's unsuccessful, I'll just have to roll it again, maybe using a different strategy, until I actually fix my problems.

So I need to try and I need to have motivation.

1 comment:

  1. "I almost felt like a hypocrite, giving her advice."
    I feel the same way. It's normal to feel that way.

    ReplyDelete