Friday, September 9, 2005

Warm Leatherette

I crashed today.
It was a minor crash.
I was nervous, and I didn't know what to do.
Surprisingly, the guy I hit was very nice and calm.
He called the police so they could do a report.
I called my mom and asked her what I was supposed to do.
My dad had to come to bring me the insurance paper, because the one I had was outdated.
Surprisingly my dad wasn't [as] mad as I thought he would be. My mom was very nonchalant when I called her on the phone.
We waited for the police to come while my dad socialized with the guy I crashed into.
The policeman came and he told us that for that kind of minor crash we really didn't have to call the police.
We were just supposed to trade information and do the report ourselves.
But the police officer did the report for us.
Which was good because I don't know whether I would be able to do the report on my own.
I'm supposed to mail in one copy to this address on the back and give one copy to the insurance company.
It was $500 of estimated damage...

I'm kind of reluctantly glad that I had this experience.
It was my first car crash.
It wasn't that bad, I didn't get hurt and I didn't do that much damage.
Now I have had the experience of crashing.
I should now be more careful and alert in the future.

I always see the positive side of everything.
The positive side of this crash was that it was an experience, no on got hurt, I didn't do much damage, and I got $20 (because I told my dad I was going to 49th street because the computer at the other Taco Bell wasn't accepting cards).

3 comments:

  1. Where did you crash? ...was the guy hot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was at the beginning of the ramp that goes into the Palmetto.
    He was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You talking about the one on 49th or the one next to the Palmetto?
    Ciao.

    ReplyDelete