Sunday, September 25, 2005

Time of Your Life

I am so... funny.

Well, I woke up on Saturday at 8p in the evening, I had stayed up all night the night before, partly because I came back from going out at 2a and did stuff online until around 8a.
So on Saturday, I woke up determined to finish what I didn't do the past days, especially since I slept through most of that day.

Well, as usual, I did nothing. Actually, I did read about a page, and I think I answered like three questions.
I kept staying up, not doing anything, until around 1p or 2p. Then my sister said my aunt planned to go to the movies with us, and, even though I had been up all day, I said okay.

So, I stayed up since 8p Saturday, until now, didn't do anything, and instead went out to the movies to see "Corpse Bride" and to eat at T.G.I.F. Fridays.

It was a good day.

But I have to say "Corpse Bride" was lacking. It was a bit cheesy at times, and it was way too short. It also seemed to lack that classic Burton "je ne sais quois," as well as any "care" and "detail." Well, I did notice there was a reference to Tim Burton's first short claymation film "Vincent." The father character calls Victor "Vincent" by mistake. Elfman's music was a bit bland, nothing like his earlier Beetlejuice, Scissorhands, and Nightmare works. I would have hoped he would return to that "sound" for this movie, but it was just jejune, like any other generic hollywood score.

No comments:

Post a Comment