Sunday, September 11, 2005

Kittyborn

Yesterday night Dyna gave birth to four kittens: three black cats and one gray cat with black stripes.
My mom named one of them "Tazmanian" because he/she was the one that was most aggressive in drinking milk.
My sister is already thinking of giving one of them to her friend and one to her boyfriend. Her boyfriend picked the gray one and named him/her "Mercury." I don't know if we're going to keep any of them. But we would have to keep them for at least a month or two so they could survive. So we are going to inevitably get attached to them. We're already attached to them and they've only been born for about ten hours. Luna was following Dyna around everywhere before they were born and they were both constantly meowing to each other, and maybe to us trying to tell us that Dyna was about to give birth. My mom suspected it and she told me to keep an eye on them. They both picked my closet as their "spot" the day before yesterday. I stayed up until 3pm, but I released them from my room before I went to bed, since my sister and dad were already awake. Dyna ended up giving birth at around 9:45pm yesterday on my sister's bed. My sister woke me up. She screamed "Oh my god!" at the top of her lungs. I assumed one of the cats died and my mom assumed I was dead. My sister always makes exaggerated screams for everything. She screamed because there was blood on her bed and the kittens were already coming out.
I have been up since then [9:45pm]. I planned to do my homework, but so far I haven't done anything. I can't use the cats as an excuse because my mom was the one primarily looking after them. Right now I should be doing work. Since I have no new messages or friend requests on MySpace and there are no new posts in any of the message boards I post in, here I am writing out a blog for today. But I guess it's an important thing to write about. Right now I'm in my sister's room keeping an eye on the cats. Luna has been next to Dyna this whole time, before and after the labor; she has barely eaten. Dyna hasn't eaten much either. Before the kittens were born they ate the whole day non-stop. It was probably to get ready for this, since they haven't left the kittens this whole time. But we brought them a little bit of food. I put Luna down in front of the bowl of food, she ate a little and then she went right back to Dyna's side. At any other time she would be pigging out.
I saw "Castle in the Sky" today, and it was fantastic. I think it's the best Miyazaki film yet. I can't believe it was made back in 1986. His films always transport me into another world and I forget I even exist. Those are the best kinds of movies. And I just want to see it again and again. I remember a few years ago I went through this "Kiki's Delivery Service" binge where I would see that movie almost everyday for like two weeks. I have to see the new one, "Howl's Moving Castle," too bad it wasn't in any theatres close-by when it came out. I can't wait until it comes out on DVD.

Well, let me get to my homework now (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment